Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Lose 5 in 7 - Day 3 (early report)

Scale read 128.4# this morning (at 5am, the same time every day). So,

Saturday: 131.4#
Sunday: 130.0#
Monday: 129.4#
Tuesday: 128.4#

First, this supports "logging", tracking or whatever you want to call it - FEEDBACK - in an organized fashion. I use Google 15 on my homepage - which is a simple weight tracking module that gives you a little graph with bouncy balls that bounce up and down on the chart with your actual weight, then a trend line, which is highly motivating, because if you have a blip and your actual weight jumps up a bit on a particular day, the trend line focuses on the week long trend vs. that one day. It's the right way to look at bodyweight if you can't measure bodyfat every week.

Second, and here's the kicker, my workout yesterday PLUS the sandy beach run on Sunday has left my body with a serious case of the aches. I can handle the sore glutes and quads, but all the pull ups left my rt shoulder throbbing and aching this morning (and all night). So I'm adding "ibuprofen cocktails" to my day - 400 mg 3x a day for two days - like an elephant gun of anti-inflammatory OTC meds. The problem with that is that ibuprofen makes me nauseous, but it's the only thing that works. So, weight loss with nausea, here we go!

Sticking with my meal plan for the day - just prepped it in a cooler bag. Will head out for a little cardio on an empty stomach now, then breakfast, then start the day.

I'll check back in tonight with if I got that Crossfit workout in this afternoon or not (it's all overhead stuff, so probably not smart, but then again, this is supposed to be an uncomfortable week - hungry is OK, so maybe sore is OK too! I'll also post my meal plan for tomorrow.

No comments: